My name is Claudia Eslava and I am the Media Director for DE LA MORA Interpreter Training. I have been part of the DE LA MORA team officially for two years this past March in which I have learned many things, mostly of course, about the world of interpretation. My work for DLMIT has been to help improve the online resources and to increase our online footprint- from more classes, webinars, downloadable materials, and a user friendly website. Another important part of my job is to listen to the students and the difficulties they come across in terms of their education or other career blocks and then create strategies that will help bring creative solutions. So naturally, the launch of this membership program has become a very gratifying experience because our team really set out to solve one of the bigger issues working interpreters face in states that require CEU’s. This membership has been built with the working interpreter in mind. A place where ALL will have the ability to take the classes they need, learn from successful men and women in the field, a space to network and to openly discuss pressing issues anonymously or not- as well as a tool where a library of educational resources can be found. Also a place where everyone- even at the free level, are able to keep track of their credits before their designated deadlines.
Agustin De La Mora, the founder of this company and current president, first began with a mission to help interpreters prepare for their jobs and later as standards improved, to prepare for the state exams. He saw then, as he still sees now- a void for the practical tools that interpreters so desperately need. Although practices all around the country have improved, there is still a lot of work to do. But today, on the company’s 20th anniversary- we hope to bring a new approach to education, but more importantly a helpful solution.
Everyone on the DE LA MORA team have worked tirelessly to put together this membership program. It has truly been a team effort, thank you Katie McKay and all the wonderful interns that helped us make this membership a reality.
About the membership:
The membership levels include:
- The ability to input your current credits and future deadline.
- Membership newsletter
- Interpreter Forum
- Free Interpreter Resources
- Access to listen to our bi-weekly podcast!
Student Level: $19.99 a month
- All of the free level access
- A monthly LIVE ONLINE webinar/class with a leading interpreter in the field. All monthly live webinars are eligible for CEU’s
- Monthly premium resources, presentations and exercise
All-Access: $49.99 a month
- All of the Free and student level access
- Access to tour CEU video library. Self paced courses already eligible for ceu’s in various topics to enhance any interpreters education.
Professional: $99.00 a month
- All of the Free, Student and All-Access level perks
- Plus 4 hours of private tutoring sessions a year
- Access to our live instructor training courses, for those who have the experience to start teaching their own interpreter classes and workshops.